|CAROLINA PAIN MANAGEMENT
Albert K. Bartko III, M.D.
Carolina Pain Management (CPM) was created when Dr. Bartko joined Carolina Neurosurgery, P.A. This unique and cutting-edge combination of the specialties of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (conservative pain management) and neurosurgery within the same practice yields many benefits for the patient. Having a team of physicians of different specialties allows all of the patient's needs, whether surgical or non-surgical, to be addressed in an integrated fashion. There can be efficient, continual collaboration amongst the physicians to determine and implement the best solution for the patient.
Working closely with Neurosurgery, Dr. Bartko provides a comprehensive multi-modality approach to complex spine and pain problems. Procedural interventions, when appropriate, can be utilized in hopes of avoiding surgery, or, from a diagnostic standpoint, to help determine who might benefit from surgery if conservative treatments fail. Another benefit of CPM is that if procedures are needed, most can be done in the comfort and convenience of our on-site, state of the art facility that includes fluoroscopy.
Our mission is to provide compassionate, comprehensive, evidence-based care in an integrated, seamless manner.
|Services offered at CPM include:
- Pain Management
- Non-operative orthopaedics & sports medicine
- Spinal pain management
- Worker's Comp, IME's and Second Opinion Evaluations
- Electrodiagnostic studies (EMG/NCS)
- Procedural Interventions, fluroscopically guided when appropriate
- Epidural Steroid Injections (ESI's)
- Facet and SI joint injections
- Hip and shoulder injections
- Trigger point injections
- Sympathetic blocks
- RF Neurotomy (nerve ablation)
- Spinal Column Stimulators (through the neurosurgical side of the practice)